Local Fall Activities & Festivals for Families
19 Fall Activities & 7 Local Fall Festivals
Fall is in the air and the kids are back in school. Just because summer is over, doesn’t mean the fun has to come to an end. There are plenty of fall activities and festivals you can enjoy with friends or family in and around the Levittown and Bucks County area over the next few months. Here is a list of 20 of our favorite autumn activities.
19 Fall Activities
1. Go apple picking at a local apple orchard. Yes, some will allow you to pick your own and your kids will love it! While you’re there, grab a gallon of apple cider and some apple cider donuts.
2. Speaking of apples. Once you pick them or purchase them at the orchard, go home and bake a pie or better yet, make some caramel apples – yum!
3. Make a beautiful autumn wreath for your front door. It won’t only brighten your day, but everyone that sees it.
4. Visit a local candle shop and fill your home with the sweet scents of fall.
5. Plant spring bulbs in your garden.
6. Treat your family to a scenic train ride. The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad has many choices, from Fall Foliage to Haunted Halloween and even a Wine & Cheese tasting ride for adults.
7. Enjoy a bike ride along the Delaware Canal State Park.
8. Pack a lunch and go for a hike to enjoy the great outdoors.
9. Hop in the car and go enjoy the beauty of the fall foliage.
10. Have a family tailgate party. Can’t make it to an actual football game? Then just tailgate in your driveway and then enjoy the game on TV! You can even play a family game of flag football in your yard.
11. Host a scary movie night, complete with popcorn.
12. One October comes, celebrate “pumpkin day” at your house. Start your day with fresh-baked pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins then visit a local pumpkin farm and enjoy all of their fall activities.
13. Spend the day making Halloween costumes the good ole fashion way – DIY! Pinterest has some great ideas.
14. Build a bonfire. Sip on warm cider and roast marshmallows.
15. Bring back those childhood memories and go on a hayride.
16. Find your way through a corn maze.
17. Get spooked at a haunted house. That was always a favorite of ours when we were young.
18. Celebrate Oktoberfest.
19. Buy fall fruits and vegetables at your local farmer’s market and have a fall dinner party.
7 Fall Festivals
Attend a fall festival. Here are some to consider:
o Now thru Nov 4 – Fall Harvest Festival at Hellericks’s Family Farm
o Sept 29 & 30 – New Hope Arts & Crafts Festival
o Sept 30 – Oct 29 – Froehlich’s Farm Festival
o Oct 5 - Oct 31 – Pumpkinfest – Shady Brook Farm
o Oct 6 – Newtown Market Day
o Select Dates in October – Ghost Tours of New Hope
o Nov 3 & 4 – Apple Festival at Peddler’s Village
We hope you will enjoy all that fall has to offer in the region. Visit the Spirit Financial Credit Union blog each week for the latest in financial tips and information, as well as other interesting topics such as this.